I’m studying for my Communications class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
You work for the global spirits company Pernod Ricard; the company recently launched Rabbit Hole, a bourbon whiskey brand. You have been asked to write a blog post to talk about the new brand and promote pop-up sampling events across the U.S. so people can taste the Rabbit Hole. Here are the relevant facts that will help you shape the message and tone of your post:
- To drum up excitement about Rabbit Hole and promote the new brand.
- To promote the sampling events – you want writers
- To get Rabbit Hole associated with a certain vibe that you can build into the post.
- The intended audience for the brand is millennials (18 to 34) – even though the legal drinking age in the U.S. is 21, Pernod wants to whip up enthusiasm for the brand – as 18-20-year-olds “age”, they’ll gravitate to the brand.
- The intended audience for the post is bloggers, nightlife reporters and editors, influencers, wine & spirits editors, etc. You are writing for people with access to the millennial audience.
Distribution: You want the post to go “viral”. These are the potential “outlets” you want this post to be picked up by:
- Wine & spirits, food & beverage bloggers
- Lifestyle bloggers – across genders, cultures and sub-cultures
- Rabbit Hole is a real brand, so you can research what the bourbon tastes like, etc. but you should make up some of the characteristics, style and tone so I can see your writing at work. No outside research necessary!
- Sampling events begin Dec. 2 and run through Jan. 6, 2020 in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, Dallas, Boston, Minneapolis, Columbus, Ohio, Detroit, and Phoenix.
- Make up the types of venues (bars, dance clubs, etc.) Rabbit Hole will be available in these cities.
- You don’t really need to explain the details of the sampling program (it could be one free drink at the participating locations).
- Length: aim for between 200 to 300 words. Include an image.
- Please pay attention to the details of the assignment, adhere to AP style, remember the target audience you’re writing for, the distribution you want for the post . If you are in doubt about what requires AP style, PLEASE LOOK IT UP in the style book.
- This is not a pitch or a press release, nor a social media post.