I’m stuck on a Engineering question and need an explanation.
Cooking pots and pans are made of at least three different materials: Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Cast Iron, and Glass.
A design firm has asked for your help to identify the best material for a new Cooking Pot for BACKPACKING.
- Discuss as a TEAM for the rest of class
- Create a list of Design Requirements for a Cooking Pot for BACKPACKING.
- Identify the Critical Ratio of material properties for each of the materials shown above.
- Calculate the Critical Ratio for each material. (see the ratios shown in the lecture for examples).
- Plot the material properties on a Critical Ratio chart (see the graphs shown in the lecture for examples).
Create a 3-4 page summary report summarizing your recommendation. Include a Design Requirements table, a Material Properties table with Critical Ratios, a Plot for Material Properties chosen for your Critical Ratio, and a Summary Paragraph discussing your recommended materials and rationale for selecting the material. Use the Lecture on the Ashby Method as your basis for the tables and the MIT presentation on the Ashby Method.