I don’t know how to handle this Nursing question and need guidance.
- Identify a pending piece of legislation (local, state, or federal) broadly related to health care. It can be about the provision of health services (including nutrition programs), health care disparity, or a professional nursing issue (such as new licensure requirements or new practice opportunities for NP’s).
- Identify who sponsored the bill. Can you find any information (on the politician’s website, in the newspapers, magazines etc.) stating why this person(s) sponsored this legislation? Include any organizations (if known) that lobbied for this legislation.
- Give a brief history of the needs this legislation addresses (or fails to address).
- Analyze this bill from the perspective of your CBSL site.
- How it will help or hurt your CBSL site (it’s mission, staff, volunteers, and/or clients) if it passes and if it does not pass?
- Is your CBSL site aware of this legislation? If yes, have they advocated for it in any way?
- If you were writing this piece of legislation, what would you change?
- Mechanics of the paper: USE APA FORMAT.
- The paper should be 6-7 double-spaced pages plus a title page, abstract, and a reference page.
- Please proof read your papers for grammar, punctuation, spelling, & word choice errors. See the APA Style Manual for advice on proper formatting and grammar.
- Know the difference between quotations and paraphrasing!
- I WILL check your references.
- Papers should be submitted via the D2L submissions.
- Come to class prepared to give a summary of your bill/paper.
- Give the name & title of the bill. Say whether the bill is National or an Illinois state bill.
- Give a summary of the what need this bill fulfills.
- Discuss how this bill will impact your CbSL site.
site to find the bill is https://www.congress.gov/ CBSL site: https://www.jasc-chicago.org/about-jasc/a-special-place/