I’m trying to learn for my Political Science class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
In order to create lasting positive social change, it is essential for organizations to consider new ideas and possibilities. Creating a culture that encourages innovation allows organizations to thrive in the midst of an ever-changing world. One significant change in recent decades is the increasing use of virtual environments to share ideas and information. As a current or future organizational leader, it is important for you to consider the implications of innovations and virtual environments on strategic planning.
The assignment must be 1-1.5 pages with in-text citations to include page numbers and must include:
1. For this Discussion, locate and select two scholarly articles—one article should discuss strategies for innovation in strategic planning and one article should discuss strategies for strategic planning in virtual environments. Consider how you might apply these strategies within an organization to effect positive social change.
2. Write A brief description of the two articles that you selected, including strategic planning strategies for innovation and virtual environments.
3. Explain how you might apply these strategies to effect positive social change.
4. 2 CLASS RESOURCES MUST BE USED ALONG WITH THE TWO CHOSEN ARTICLES
Article for strategies for innovation in strategic planning:
Yan, X., & Chung-Hsing, Y. (2016). Sustainable planning of WEEE recycling innovation strategies. 2016 IEEE 11th Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA), Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA), 2016 IEEE 11th Conference on. 2016:2501. doi:10.1109/ICIEA.2016.7604013.
Article for strategies in strategic planning in virtual environments:
Cearley, D. W., Burke, B., Searle, S., & Walker, M. J. (2017, October 3). Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2018. Retrieved from http://brilliantdude.com/solves/content/GartnerTrends2018.pdf.
**Reminder: Be sure to support your posting and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources and/or current literature. Use APA formatting to cite references in your posting and responses.
- Novitski, B. J. (2008). Managing the ever-more-distributed workforce. Architectural Record, 196(11), 83.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
This article examines strategies for managing the influence of globalization on organizations. It focuses on overcoming cultural differences and using new technologies effectively.
- Gunn, R. A. (n.d.). An organization that doesn’t plan its future isn’t likely to have one. Retrieved June 14, 2014, from http://www.strategicfutures.com/library/strategic-plan/organization-that-doesnt-plan/
This web article explores the importance of strategic planning, benefits of planning for organizations, and potential pitfalls. It also examines the steps of the planning process and explains how to start the strategic planning process.
- Special Libraries Association. (2001). Strategic planning handbook. Retrieved fromhttp://web.archive.org/web/20130305222650/http://www.sla.org/pdfs/sphand.pdf
This handbook examines the strategic planning model, including short- and long-range planning. It also explores benefits and pitfalls within the process.
- Dusenbury, P. (2000). Strategic planning and performance measurement. Retrieved fromhttp://www.urban.org/publications/310259.html
This article examines performance measurement in strategic planning for organizations in Florida, Oregon, and Minnesota.
- Kapla, S. (2012). Leapfrogging: Harness the power of surprise for business breakthroughs. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler.
- Fontaine, R. (Winter, 2008). Teaching strategic thinking. Journal of Global Business Issues, 2(1), 87–94.
- McCracken, H., & Grossman, L. (2013). The audacity of Google. Time, 182(14), 22.
- Salkic, I. (2014). Impact of strategic planning on management of public organizations in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems, 12(1), 61–77.