I’m stuck on a Social Science question and need an explanation.
7. Why are quasi‐experiments much more popular in marketing research than true experiments?
8. How does history differ from maturation? What specific actions might you take to deal with each in an experiment
9. A manufacturer of microwave ovens has designed an improved model that will reduce energy costs and cook food evenly throughout. However, this new model will increase the product’s price by 30 percent because of extra components and engineering design changes. It decides to test market the new oven in a market area with an extremely high household income level. In addition, the producer offers a discount coupon to facilitate product sales. The company wants to determine what effect the new model will have on sales of its micro- wave ovens. Do you see any potential problems with a sales forecast based on the results of the test market sales? What would you do differently?
10. Discuss various methods by which extraneous causal factors can be controlled.
11. Discuss the alternatives to traditional test marketing. Explain their advantages and disadvantages.