I’m working on a Psychology exercise and need support.
The discussion assignment provides a forum to discuss the relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered. For this assignment, there are two parts. Make sure to answer all questions. Provide a detailed response to the topic questions in the Discussion Area. For this assignment, post your responses directly in the Discussion Area. Do not use attached documents.
To support your work, make sure to utilize your course and text readings. When asked, also utilize outside sources. As in all assignments, make sure to cite your sources in your work and provide references for those citations utilizing APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between one or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the due date assigned. In many industrialized nations, such as the U.S., the workforce is aging. Many individuals choose to stay in the workforce after the age of 65, either in their present careers or even going into new careers. For many people, a career can provide a sense of identity, especially if that career has lasted most of an individual’s adult life. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) was enacted to protect against age discrimination for persons over the age of 40. In 1978, the act was amended to prevent forced retirement before the age of 70. Forced retirement was removed completely from the act in 1986.
- Explain how the attitudes toward retirement have changed and how those changes are impacting those individuals who are 65 and older.
- Imagine that it is 2030, and the last of the baby boomers have reached the age of 65. From a psychological perspective, describe how retirement may be viewed and some of the challenges those individuals may face.
- Research more information regarding retirement and age discrimination, and explain how it may impact the individual as it relates to the decision to continue to work or to retire. Provide some examples of jobs for which it may be problematic for an older adult to remain in the workforce.
- Explain how an individual may deal with the potential loss of identity as result of retirement.
- Explain some of the positive and potentially negative aspects of lifestyle changes after retirement.